Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dearest Grandma - Ariana - 2010

Dearest Grandma,

I want to tell you how much I love you. How special you are to me. And how I feel so loved by you. I have always felt special in your eyes, every time you call me Baby, and every time you ask for some sugar. I love that. Now I call my son Baby, and I think of his kisses as sugar. I even call him my Sugar Lump now.

I appreciate that you are a strong woman who knows what she wants and believes, and you have expressed those beliefs to me over the years. Even though we may not see eye to eye on certain things, I know that everything you do and say comes from your heart, and a place of love. You have opened your heart to Sunil and recognized goodness despite differences. Thank you.

I recognize you have endured hardship through family circumstances over the years yet you were steadfast in your loyalty and dedication to family. You never lost sight of your values and drew on your reserves of will and strength to pull through to better days. I hope this strength lives in my veins.

I miss Granddaddy, and I know you do too. Your constant care of him for so many years is a model for us all. Whenever I walk along the tidal basin under the cherry trees I think of you as a young couple and smile.

I wish we lived closer so you could be with Sachin more, so we could give you more sugar. I wish I had more time to sit with you and comfort you these days, and hear more about your life. I hope you know how much I love you and how special you are to all of us. I also know that one day you will be with Granddaddy and Aunt Nell, watching over us and sending your love down from above. I will miss you terribly and I will make sure Sachin remembers his Big Grandma and feels your love through his life, as I will.

Grandma, you have given me the best mother in the world, who nurtures us all and continues to guide me through life. Thank you.

As always, we are sending you our love and kisses.

Your faithful granddaughter, Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment